Q. Is this course for various types of Assistive Technology users?
- A. Yes. Speech/JAWS users, magnification users, and even non-AT users are all welcomed to apply so long as they are legally blind or legally visually impaired, and are intermediate level users.
Q. What is the complete application process?
- A. After applications are received, our instructor will reach out to applicants for a two-step assessment. The first step is a self-assessment and the second is a live video/screen share demonstration using the online teleconferencing application Zoom. Our instructor will assist with Zoom if needed. The first 5 applicants with a passing score will be invited to attend.
Q. What comes first, the application for ProMote or the application for the NIB Training and Compliance Grant?
- A. There is no need to complete the NIB Training and Compliance Grant unless accepted into ProMOTE. Grant questions should be directed to Billy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Can participants choose which Microsoft Office Suites they wish to learn?
- A. No, all participants follow the curriculum as is and will receive training in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Q. Will participants be MOS certified upon completion?
- A. Successful completion of ProMote earns an NIB certificate but not an MOS certification. Qualified participants are welcome to test for MOS certification while in Tyler as we are an official MOS testing site.
Q. Who handles travel and accommodations?
- A. ETLB has negotiated a discounted rate on behalf of your agency. Agencies will book hotel and transportation to and from Tyler directly. Daily transportation to and from class will be the responsibility of the participants, and can include Uber, Lift, Taxi or a visitor pass for Tyler’s ParaTransit. Accepted applicants will receive additional information needed for planning the trip.
Q. Who do I contact with questions?