TRAIN THE TRAINER: ProMOTE
Informational Webinar: Thursday, April 14, 2022
Applications Open: Thursday, April 14, 2022
Applications Close: Friday, May 13, 2022
Program Dates: Tuesday, June 21 – Friday, June 25, 2022
Step 1: Gather the following documents.
- Current resume / CV
- Letter of recommendation or testimonial from a former students
- AT certifications such as ZoomText or JAWS (optional)
Step 2: Download and complete the written application.
Step 3: Visit the Train the Trainer Application site, complete the form and submit required documents & written application.
Phase 1: Written Application
- Application submitted
- Application reviewed
- Phase 1 selection results communicated
Applicants chosen to move to Phase II of the selection process will be invited to participate in a one-on-one technology skills assessment.
Phase 2: Technology Skills Assessment
- Technology Skills Assessment Scheduled
- Technology Skill Assessments Completed
- Final Selection Decisions Made & Communicated
Applicants selected to participate in the Train the Trainer Program must meet the following criteria:
- Employee of an NIB affiliated agency
- A minimum of two years of experience teaching or training individuals who are blind or visually impaired
- Minimum intermediate skill level with adaptive technology tools and programs (AT)
- Minimum intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel applications